Site Navigation

Silly Daddy Wiser

Silly Daddy Wiser by Joe Chiappetta is rare digital art available on MakersPlace.

It is a bit too common for teenagers to think they know it all and do not need help from their parents--or anyone--for that matter. When I was a teen I had the same attitude--big time. So in raising our own kids, my wife and I have made efforts to instill in them a spirit of humility as well as a hunger for wisdom. Such thinking led to the conversation of this comic, which depicts a quote of what I actually said to them. That phrase originated as something that just popped into my mind after a deep talk with one of the kids.

So after I said, "Kids, the sooner you understand this the better: I am wiser than you think I am, but not as wise as I think I am," my youngest daughter was moved by it, saying, "Wow, Dad, that's a good saying. Did you come up with that?"

Joe Chiappetta